*This post is sponsored by The Home Depot. The opinions and text are all mine.
2020 is all about adapting to new ways and back to class shopping is one of them! I am so thrilled to be partnering with The Home Depot on this post and sharing just how easy it was to get ready for my daughter Chloe’s Sophomore year at college. All of the stylish and affordable dorm decor and essentials were a click away on The Home Depot website.
Shopping the Home Depot Website
Today’s kids are resilient! With everything up in the air, Chloe was able to stay focused with the promise of a fabulous Sophomore year bringing endless possibilities. While at home, we had time to get creative with shopping online, opening up opportunities for new dorm decor, storage solutions, and the essential dorm and apartment appliances. Once we landed on the Home Depot website, the #1 destination for college essentials, we quickly realized just how extensive and easy to use the site is. There are so many amazing brands conveniently represented at everyday low prices. With just a few clicks and an easy to navigate interface, we breezed through our shopping list in just under an hour.
Is your child going to school far from home? Imagine shopping online and having the items shipped to a Home Depot near your child’s college where you can pick them up? Genius, right? It was really a no-brainer for us. We were able to buy online and have everything shipped right to our door. What could be better than flexible and free delivery (over $45.) and online and in-store returns?
Amazing Products at Affordable Prices
With competitive prices and exclusive brands like StyleWell, there was no going back and forth on multiple sites. With our list in hand, it was one stop shopping for us. Before we knew it, our cart was ready for a quick check out. We focused on keeping Chloe’s gray, white and blush theme. The Home Depot’s exclusive brands provide a comprehensive assortment of trending collections, brand quality, and easy to navigate and inspirational resources for a complete look. Narrowing down and deciding on a favorite from the huge selections took us the most time!
Since Ithaca College is just under 2 hours away, we decided to have the items shipped to our home. Quite honestly, we couldn’t wait to open up the boxes as they arrived to see all the goodies. Did I mention that all our items arrived in under 10 days? It was like Christmas in June!
The Perfect Rug
1. The perfect rug. First to arrive on our doorstep was a new rug for the dorm room. We chose the StyleWell Alder Lane gray geometric 8 by 10 area rug. We immediately opened it up to see how it looked. It’s graphic pattern and durable material had to stand up to Upstate NY winters and all of it’s elements in addition to being a cozy spot for friends to hang out on. This was the by far the biggest decor item that would make her dorm feel like home away from home!
The Perfect College Fridge
2. “Just the right size” dorm fridge. We all know that a mini fridge is top on a college student’s list! There’s always a time when you just can’t make it out to the dining hall, have leftovers from care packages or need a midnight studying snack. Chloe said to me “Mom, last year’s refrigerator was too small, and the freezer barely held anything.” Time for an upgrade with the Magic Chef 4.5 cu. ft. 2 door mini fridge in white that was easy to handle and move into place. (It also comes in black and stainless steel.) She will find this fridge handy way beyond her college years.
3. A complete towel set. Let’s face it laundry day doesn’t happen too often and having enough clean towels puts this mom at ease. LOL! StyleWell offers an 18-piece quick dry performance set in three sizes. We did the math and that’s just over $4 a towel! They were plush, cozy, and come in a variety of colors and price that can’t be beat.
4. Stylish storage. There is never enough storage in a dorm, so we added a StyleWell basket set to collect odds and ends, workout clothes, mittens, hats, magazines, books and anything else that didn’t have a home! Another purchase that she will have use for when she gets her first apartment.
Dream Come True Bedding
5. “Dream come true” bedding. A comfortable cozy bed makes for a happy student. A bed to a college kid is just more than just a place to sleep- it’s a couch for friends to sit on, a place to study and even watch movies on a laptop. It’s no fun waiting for an available washer and dryer, so we highly recommend purchasing two sets of comfy sheets. We chose the Company Store lightweight 3-piece percale set in blush and StyleWell brushed soft microfiber set in pink and gray dots. Her favorite colors! A body pillow has always been on Chloe’s decor wish list. She was so excited when we spotted The Company Store down firm 20” by 72” pillow.
The Company Store has always been my go-to for quality down filled bedding and I’m sure it will be Chloe’s from here on out. Chloe also chose the Lacrosse medium warmth Silver Twin XL down comforter that matched her rug color to a “T”. More quality stylish campus additions from The Home Depot that will last long beyond her college years!
Apartment & Dorm Decor
6. Stylish Dorm Decor. I have been a huge fan of Petal Lane wall decor for years and we have several of their art and memo boards in our home. I’m not sure who was more excited when we discovered this BE BRAVE, BE KIND, BE THANKFUL, BE HAPPY, BE YOU inspirational magnetic memo board on The Home Depot website. The quote was so perfect for Chloe and it was the ideal wall dorm decor to hang over her desk. It was meant to be!
College Apartment Furniture
Thinking ahead to next year and the possibility of Chloe and her roommate Julia moving into a campus suite or apartment brought even more brainstorming on how to create a warm and inviting home away from home. She’s already has her eye on the upholstered Streep bed in pewter gray and the Odrini Modern White/Gold End Table Metal Corner Brackets Nightstand. For their very own coffee station she found the Gatefield Chrome Kitchen Cart with Natural Wood Top and a Stainless Steel Single Serve Espresso Machine she’s been dying to have! My kid is a planner…
The Home Depot delivers what you want, where you want, and when you want it!
Chloe did not have to look very far for all of the selections she made. Her wish list was fulfilled simply and easily with quality products from The Home Depot website. There she found a varied and exciting array of selections that suited her style. Items like these are the fundamental building blocks that will provide a foundation for next years decor and beyond. Our purchases will stand the test of time not only in terms of style but also in durability. These factors made The Home Depot shopping experience stand out from the rest! Now, we’re ready for classes to start!
Photography by Kristin Leitten